Monday, October 5, 2009

Threadneedle Street - Location of Chapelier - Arnaud Connection


I took the Tube from Lancester Gate to Bank to see this scene prior to our welcoming ceremony on Tuesday evening. It is now a very busy place of money and bank. Got the feeling of lots of lemmings moving around here in my gut and I got grounded by breathing into the spirit of my ancestors. From Nancy Chappelear's work I was envisioning a church in the late 1600's: " Dr Isaac Chapelier, son of Louis & Simmone Rous, was born 1672 at Uzes, Languedoc, France and died 1706-1707 in American waters aboard HMS Canterbury. married 10/28/1696 at the French Church in Threadneedle St., London, England to Anne Arnaud, daughter of Elie & Magdalen (De Valau or Devallaud) Arnaud. Anne was a native of de la Tramblade, France"

No comments:

Post a Comment