NCR Parking lot by the county fairgrounds, photo by NEW. Scanned and added April 2016
About 1920?, labeled as "Rhinehard"sic, rather Howard Max Rinehart, who in 1927, partnered with Bernard L. Whelan, he formed the Rinehart-Whelan Company, which served planes and built a prototype all-metal monoplane in 1930. page 30 Red large album
"Seems like the last we saw of Howard on the eastern seaboard was at Mineola in the summer of 1916 teaching for the Wright Company. In the fall he sold Deeds and Kettering the idea of airplane manufacturing and Dayton-Wright was the result. A couple of experimental tractors were built when the w. k. war put the company into the DH business---on what a scale?
After the war the company built a commercialized version of the DH and the OW (Orville Wright) coupe for the civil market. Then came the Rinehart-Baumann Gordon Bennett racer of 1920. Upon his return from Europe after eight months of survey he went with Wright Aeronautical Corporation.. Abroad again, eventually bringing back, among other items, an all-metal Dornier which he demonstrated for the company at Mineola.
He and Bernard L. Whelan then formed the Rinehart-Whelan Company and began work on the everyman's airplane. They completed and flew, 1927-1930, a prototype of an all-metal monoplane, including its own engine, capable of being marketed in the $1,200 class on a production basis. The alleged depression put a crimp in this. Whelan had already joined Pratt & Whitney and Howard departed again for the Amazon to rest up."
Plane likely on McCook field during the 1920's before Howard Max Rinehart and Bernard Whelan joined in 1927 to create the Reinhart-Whelan Co, in Dayton Ohio
After 1923 when Howard Reinart and Bernard Whelan " formed the Rinehart-Whelan Company to establish a business at the former Dayton-Wright Field at Moraine City, south of Dayton. They engaged in Passenger carrying, cross country trips, training, photography, and overhaul and sale of aircraft, engines and parts"