Tuesday, October 13, 2009

1947 Cards Celebrating Centenary of US Postage Stamps


One of the things I really enjoyed as a kid, was collecting stamps and noticing the art and stories of different nations on thier stamps. One of the casualties of the email era are all the cool stamps and the romance that comes from them, and fine art like the engravures and all. So when I was sorting through "stuff" and thinking about canasta with my sis Jane and her family, here are some cool cards, from the year of my birth...Cool or what. Images of Ben Franklin on the 5, and George Washington on the OS X, oops its not a Mac operating system its the roman numeral for 10 . Also grateful for the art on the older cards.
Along with the dominoes I look forward to some future games with this set. Anyone for hearts? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment