Friday, September 25, 2009

Half Moon Psychic Pub Sign Mildenhall Suffolk


I am sitting in the Swan Hotel in Lavendam Suffolk, a new miles from Thorpe Morieux, Little Waldingfield, Assington and Rattlesden, the villages my Bixby ancestors lived in prior to their emigration across the pond to Massachusetts. Having high tea with clotted cream now. Last evening, after renting a car at Heathrow, and driving a UK native who now lives in Montana to Cambridge, I decided, seeing the Cam from driving on the left side of the road, with Kings College Chapel was a good start, to venture to Suffolk. This is the pub where I asked how to find a B and B. I stayed at the Wayside with Dick and Sylvia Weyman, within walking distance of the pub, and I returned to have the local ale, steak and kidney pie and rhubarb crumble..all tradional pub food at this place. Small town feel where I chatted with the locals..

No comments:

Post a Comment