Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Gaylords Relatives - Charlie Engler, grandnephew, Doris and Millie sisters, and Gary Engler, nephew


Here are some of Gaylord's supporters at last nights event. Charlie has just returned from teaching in Korea and will be going Japan this fall. He was in a boy scout troup with my youngest son, Jesse and likes to travel as well. Doris and Millie are Gay's sisters, Millie being Gary's mom. Gary is my good friend from St Cloud, with whom I spent time listening to Gaylord's many stories while scanning in many of the photos with my Mac and scanner at his farm house in Mezappa MN. I wonderful event to honor a great story teller who was there, kinda like Forrest Gump! Thanks Gaylord for sharing your stories and for being welcomed into the Betcher, Engler family tree! The Veterans are even working to create a historical memorial at Wood Lake, where during the Dakota Conflict of 1862 warriors were lost from Little Crows group as well as that with Gen Sibley. They say they are working to create a tasteful story and memorial for all who served there. Pidamiyayedo...I am grateful for the true stories that will be told.

No comments:

Post a Comment