Saturday, August 6, 2011

Grounded in Minnesota for Travel to the South and West -Australia and Asia


I have had a vision of traveling to China since I was a kid and did the project on China in 1960. To prepare for this adventure, I appreciate the energy of Xiaosong "Steven" Liu whom I met in Oct 2009 through the Twin Cities Men's Center activities where I volunteer on the board. Online, I was led to a group of Chinese teachers, Sleepy Tigers, here in the Cities that has the goal of making learning Chinese "Fun". I have been tutored by Tian Xia, a U of M Language Grad Student,pictured here in May as she helped me move garden vegetable plants from Winsted to Crystal. We have been meeting at the SE Minneapolis LIbrary, where she has taught me how to pronounce words in putonghua for my adventure to Asia this year. Xie xie nie, pengyou Tian.

No comments:

Post a Comment