Saturday, May 23, 2009

Tire Recovery - Rosemont Illinois


After an uneventful drive in my 1999 Dodge Caravan "green pony" - zito shunka wakan (D/Lakota thought :-) green horse, I parked her in front of the Marriott on River Road near the Des Plaines River, and slept well after a dinner with my colleague Jeff Thurston of Master Supplements. In the freshness of morning, I was greeted with her right back hoof (rear passenger tire) was flat with an obvious screw implanted in the top of the tire. So my thought "what would an adult do?". I have the Premium AAA with free service up to 100 miles. I worked our booth from 7:30 - 5:00 with Jeff at the Westin across the street at the Autism One Conference at which time I called AAA, to get a local O'Hare towing service with a pleasant fellow, native of Puerto Rico with a young son, who was very efficient here, putting on the spare and finding a local resource 3 miles away, Just Tires on Oakton Street, Des Plaines where I drove to leave off the tire, which they fixed while I took a bike ride at Busse Woods nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment