Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Flo Bluethunder Sewing During April 09 Visit


I have enjoyed learning from traditional Lakota people about the traditions over the years. Florentine Bluethunder is a special friend I met near St Francis South Dakota back in 1990, when I first visited the Rosebud Reservation. Over the years, he has been a valuable teacher and friend, from whom I have learned songs, language and stories of the people. He stopped by this April here in St Louis Park, and I was able to share my apartment with him and with his friend from Valentine SD. His young friend went to Yale undergraduate school during the same time as my neice, Val Weaver and her husband Chris Grosso. Small world indeed! Here Flo is sewing a traditional pow-wow dress after we shared breakfast in my space.

No comments:

Post a Comment