Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weaver Family Visits to Ohio 1950's


I remember visiting my Grandparents in Ohio on several trips from Minnesota. THe first is when I was 5 years old, in the summer of 1952. We flew into the Toledo airport and first visited the Glessner side of the family in Findlay where my mom was born. We then headed to West Carrollton, sound of Dayton. On this trip, I had a right arm sling, as I sustained a broken elbow when I was "helped" from one of the big spruce trees in our Faribault yard by my brother Jack. Here we sit at Ft Ancient, a park that features a 2000 yr old hilltop enclosure site, according to http://www.fortancient.org/. Left to right, Jack, Tom, Jim, Virginia, Hannah Swearington, Paul H, Peg Weaver, and Aunt Esther Eicher. Photo by Noah Elwood Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment