Monday, August 18, 2014

Visit to Whistler Mountain during the Rosen Method Global Congress in BC

On Tuesday Aug 5, I drove my van with Patrick from Ireland and Niko from Vancouver as navigator, from Vancouver up into the mountains of BC.   I did not take any photos as I was the driver. 

We stayed at the Aava Whisler Hotel near the Convention Center in Whistler Village, a place of many bars and coffee shops catering to the skiing crowd in the winter and the biking and hiking crowd in the summer.  They did have a bike at the hotel that I could use for free, despite the short seat, the one time I missed having my own fitted bike :-).  Here it is parked by the monument in the village honoring the 2010 Olympic and Paraolymic Winter Games held in this location.
 
 One of the many seductive places I could have spent my cool plastic Canadian Bills, And the food for the Rosen Congress, was more then adequate for my tastes.  I did enjoy coffee early in the morning a couple of days in the village as I am an early riser.  
 On Thursday, after we participated in "Navigation: Setting the Course for the Future of Rosen Method" in the Sea to Sky Ballroom A those who wanted to, could choose to take the gondola's up to the Round House on Whistler Mountain for a social event.  Here is the view back down to Whisler Village from the gondola as four of us intrepid Rosen folks sang a gondola song to the tune of "The Happy Wanderer - An Aussie, Canadian, me a Minnesota and a North Carolinian in chorus. Simon from Australia and Angie from Canada on our way up in the gondola. 


 Once up on Whistler Mountain (named after the whistling marmots I am told, little 4 legged mammals) - We could transfer to the Peak to Peak gondolas, which are larger.  This goes from Whistler Mountain to Blackcomb Mountain. 


View from the Peak to Peak gondola.  

One beautiful view after another. 

 
I was about to do the Julie Andrew's twirl, "The Hills Are Alive with the Sound of Music" when I was restrained by the Rosen Method Movement professional, that I might twirl over the edge. :-) 
 From the Round House on Whistler Mountain we could see the peak of the mountain nearby and the Olympic 5 colored rings.  

 Here is the patio of the Round House where we had our Rosen Social on Thursday Afternoon.



View looking northwest from Blackcomb mountain in the direction of Pemberton BC



No comments:

Post a Comment