Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hotel Chancellor LA 1929 Harry C Glessner To Margaret Glessner at Oberlin


Postmarked March 13 1929 Arcade Station Los Angeles. Hotel on Corn Berendo and 7th, one block off Wiltshire. Addressed to Miss Margaret Glessner, Grey Gables Oberlin College, Oberlin OH. "Train on time. Aunt Mary and Grandfather met me. Grandmother is feeling fine. Have a room on the same floor as the folks. Weather here not so bad. Dad"

I remember Harry and Inez loved to stay in hotels. For their 50th anniversary they booked rooms for my parents and my brothers and me in Chicago, I think at the Palmer House in the late 1960's when I was playing basketball for Carleton. I remember flying there and then to Fond du Lac Wisconsin to hitch hike to Ripon WI for the game at Ripon College, the town where I recall the Republican Party was founded back in the day. (Trivia huh)

No comments:

Post a Comment