Monday, May 13, 2019

Solar Power at Pax Christi - Thinking of the spirit of Fr Tim Power


 About a year ago,  I decided to join a solar energy coop, Cooperative Energy Futures whose vision it is to build solar arrays and gardens to support the grass roots in the area.  I recently was invited to attend an open house out in Eden Prairie, the suburb where my mom, Peg Weaver passed in Aug of 2017.   I had known a progressive Catholic Priest Tim Power, who participated in the Ecumenical Center at St Johns, when I did while living in St Cloud after I began to pray with my Lakota relatives in South Dakota..  Tim had grown up in Faribault born in 1939, and I learned his parents Tim and Theresa sold their home to my parents in 1943.  My sense of humor of Solar Power in the church that Tim Power helped create.  Here is a link to celebrate his 35 years at Pax Christi with him interviewed- Fr Tim Power Reflecting on 35 years  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYLykionY3A
And here is the find a grave link for Fr Tim's gravesite in Eden Prairie  https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/170502762/timothy-john-power
 
Here is Bruce who works for C E F, Cooperative Energy Futures, on top of the roof talking about the array, the components and all, with other members prior to the annual meeting. 

 Solar Panels on the roof looking NW toward Bloomington with the ski jump in the distance. 

Array looking west.  

 
Marshall, an employee of Apadana, was inside prior to the food and meeting and invited me to drive his white Tesla. As this was a solar power gathering, it attracted folks on the cutting edge of solar and power storage.  I found I could fit into his car and yes, fast acceleration too!  Thanks Marshal and also John Ehresmann, president of Apadana Solar in Golden Valley for there inviting me to join them and their table along with my friend from the Twin Cities Men's Center, Paula Overby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment