Tuesday, February 13, 2018

CDMX Stolen iphone to Quinta El Zopilote

My blogging stopped on Feb 7, when Juan and I took the Metro to the center of town, and my iphone with all my contacts, etc was stolen by a pick pocket as we rush to change trains  ----this was below the plaza of the old temple  ---we learned a lot about the differences of Apple MX and US and ATT MX and US, which don't seem to be connected too well ----I decided I needed a navigation device, and as my US Phone # will not be recognized in MX, I got a new "golden" Mexico I phone from Apple MX and then Juan took me to AT&T Masaryk in Polanco to see the options

 Juan talking with Daniel of AT&T MX who set me up with a MX SIM Card for the rest of my time, 6 days in Mexico  -----
 Here is the home of Juan and his mom, just a couple of blocks from Chapultepec Park, with my white Jetta Rental car and his red car as he backs out of his garage  ----I moved from my Airbnb about a 15 min walk after two nights when Maya's neighbors complained about my car --to a larger space Juan graciously offered me  ---and where I felt more safe ----
Juan closing up the garage as we prepared for the drive south to the gathering place of MKP NALB, to be of service --

Here at the gate into  Quinta El Zopilote, that I call a healing oasis, is a sign on the brick wall  ----that I drove through after the journey from CDMX up the mountains to the village of
--> Atlacholoaya, Morelos near the city of Cuernavaca Classical Nahuatl: Cuauhnāhuac [kʷawˈnaːwak] "near the woods" 
There is a constant supply of running water in channels, for watering the plants and here is one of the village women doing her laundry just outside the gate where I stayed for three nights while the MKP North American Leader Body met here --- 
 
Tree shaded parking area, where my Jetta is behind the tree with MKP men arriving on Thursday 
Another view of the parking plaza with Christina's car, the owner and visionary for the center to the left of my rental car. 
 
 Richard Torres, the coordinator of the weekend, was kind enough to give Juan and me lodging for the first night where I could set up my outdoor "office " here, enjoying the "new" MacBook Pro my son Jesse so kindly gifted me during the holidays ----not very stable internet connections AND could sit and write and load in photos from my Iphone Mexicano Aqui!
I was visited by this local mariposa, swallow tail butterfly who seems to enjoy the nector of the Bougainvillea vines  -- 
 Fountain and cobblestone plaza with men of the NALB  ---
 
Food was prepared by local woman from the village ----fresh fruit, veggies, with healthy Mexican menus ----  
Here is a typical spread of food ------
 And some of the local women who prepared our meals behind the kitchen in the morning

More views of the oasis area 

Tree and bamboo near the PIT building I slept in the last two nights

 Altar for the temescal
 Sedges and fountain in the temescal area
Top of the temescal and view toward toward the kitchen 
 Morning after our temiscal on Saturday night



No comments:

Post a Comment