Saturday, July 4, 2009

Marshall Family 4th of July Gathering Pokegema Lake


Here is a son of Bill Marshall, left, sitting with his dad, Bill Senior with a view of the lake by a cabin that has been in the family for over 70 years. Bill, who I think is somewhere in his early 80's, talked of enjoying this view for over 70 years. His son, Bill, married Peggy Muir in Northfield, I wedding I attended some 30 years ago. Bill and Lib led me to Cub Foods where I found ripe enough avacados to make the Weaver traditional guacamole to share with the family. We had blue corn chips and guac in the porch at Bill and Peggy's home near the lake, while listening to the chords of Sam Miltich, a local guitar player and folk singer who is engaged to one of the Marshall daughters. Sam knows Peter Mayer a fellow folk musician, brother of Joe Mayer, who shared in my trip to Red Lake yesterday! Small world and fun connections. Bill Marshall Sr has lived a long productive life in Itasca County and shared a variety of his life stories and wisdom today. Thanks Bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment